Thursday, March 23, 2006

Till "Blog"dom Come!

I have always been fascinated about the different blogs i have been seeing over sometime. Some of them are plain funny, a lot of them over frames of mind and attitude, some of them mostly reviewing media and some of them downright weird rambling..but i have never been able(continuing) to identify myself to a blog.

I would not like to be funny(i can be serious!!), but a satisfying smile is always better than an ignorant guffaw(he who laughs loudest probably didnt get the joke - Old Jungle Saying), so i shall try derive some of that through my "seriousness".

As a person who leads a very closed life emotionally..hold on, do i have emotions..ok assuming i do, i definitely am not going to be able to write about my emotions on any given subject which rules out a given frame of mind or attitude..

Being a constant critic(much to manys' annoyances), there would definitely be a lot of reviews on a variety of entertainment channels (this, i truly love doing) but this again will make it look like a sudesh kamath(however you spell his god*amn name) "un"biased paper review..so it will definitely not revolve only around media..

Rambling, i always do, and that will definitely form the core of this blog im sure at some point of time, but then someone told me, a ramble will have an effect of a fly, a constant buzz which just needs a swat, a good thought off idea usually stings like a bee, it needs to be looked at (and this has nothing to do with boxing!, and im not rambling either!), so i suppose there has to be a thought process to any post..

As confused as always, i will take to this "blog"quest yet again, till "Blog"dom come, after all, if i can relate my blog to myself, and with help from the readers around me (if they ever read it!) , the holy grail isn't too far away! Until then, wish me luck!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bro, then I am sure u will soon tell us wat u r goin to write :)
Also waiting to reach the holy grail, if at all u lead me to it .. :))
Gud luck .. gr8 start !!

Shri

Anonymous said...

media critic or citizen editorials is again emoting what one feels and ah well lets see if "blog" quest will take you to the holy grail or simply attain the excalibre.. which to me is a more heart felt and distant task then the quest!

Yogi said...

excalibur! lets see if i am the one to lift the sword out of the stone then, or maybe i just have to meet the lady of the lake..:), of course i never said im not going to write about what i feel, i only said i am not going to write about myself and my emotions towards me :)

Anonymous said...

I think blogs are an excuse for people to talk about themselves and their lives ( which may or may not ) interest us..I don't get why having a blog comes with the implication or rather obligation of having to put yourself out there. Sure,you need to be able to relate your blog to yourself to some extent or i'm not so sure you know what your talking about.But the expectations are huge.

La dee da it's 4.35am..I'm sobering up =\

- the cheerleader.

Anonymous said...

lol.. wat wer u tryin 2 say in yer post, really? :D seemed like u wer tryin 2 increase da no. of posts to two, so dat skeptics start believin atleast a wee bit dat yer gonna continue bloggin 4 a while :D so is yer real name yogi? dun ask me y im so obsessed wid knowin ppl's names! i juz am! :D n all dat ramblin n buzzin left my head spinnin! watevr u wer talkin abt, i hope u continue 2 blog 4 a long time n i also hope i get more hits via yer blog (wich indirectly implies dat i hope yer blog gets a wide readership.. :P) :D gud luck n hav fun! :)

Yogi said...

- the cheerleader (heh)

well, if i wrote about what went on in my life, man wouldnt that be interesting!! i go to work and back and college too amazing!!:)

- mythreyee

Yes my real name is yogi(short for yogeshwar) and im glad i had such an impact on your head, still buzzing no sting tho :), dont really expect a wide readership from my blog, i can be quite boring..but do visit!

Anonymous said...

Not to start a fight, but who ever wrote this - "I think blogs are an excuse for people to talk about themselves and their lives ( which may or may not ) interest us..I don't get why having a blog comes with the implication or rather obligation of having to put yourself out there." .....obviously is missing the whole point of blogging!!!

Anonymous said...

Heh I think this would fit in well right here!

http://mama.indstate.edu/users/bones/WhyIHateWebLogs.html

- BUDIEEEEE

Yogi said...

@ Anonymous

Everyone has a reason for blogs dont think it has to be the point you see

@ BUDIEEEE

Dont give me a site like that, im trying to "blog" you know haha but that site was fantabulous! :)

Anonymous said...

My point exactly :)

- Still your BUDIEEEE