Friday, July 14, 2006

Salaam Bombay!

I have not been in the blogging circle for a bit for a lot of reasons, work and probably a numb feeling of what happened over the week..i couldnt get myself to realise what the hell was going on, i went through feel anger, hatred, helplessness, fear, sadness and a whole bunch of emotions..and finally at the end of it all, after so many days of reading news items all over..and all that..there is one emotion in me :-

Humility - I used to go on about what a stuck up place Mumbai was..it probably still is, and i will probably never go there inspite of being all over India and the world..but today Mumbai and its ppl have shown me what they can be, and I offer a humble salute to them all, makes my heart swell with pride, pride of a nation, pride in its people, pride of my nationality, i could go on, but i will stop with this..

SALAAM BOMBAY..Mera Bharath Mahan(however corny ppl think that is, I am proud to say it today!)

P.S (added later): I did forget..that probably was not my last layout for a while after all heh, but considering i have been away for week, its probably a while :D

P.S. #2 : this has nothing to do with the current media coverage or our intelligence inefficiency(BAD I.N.T.E.L.L.I.G.E.N.C.E BAD BAD), just a personal feeling

Layout taken off : can be viewed at
Salaam Bombay

16 comments:

A said...

I guess times of difficulties brings out the best of people..It would be better if ppl stay nice all the time instead.

Yogi said...

@arpita
its always an inherent feeling its only moments like this which bring it out to the forefront admist all our daily routines and thoughts which is what we all we think we have time for

starry said...

It is in times like this that we appreciate people and places.I like the new layout .coooool

twip said...

Ive lived in bombay, and its not as 'stuck up' as people believe it to be....its quite the contrary actually.

And love the new layout, but you knew that already!

:D

Yogi said...

@starry nights

yep we all need our little jolts dont we! and thank you!

@WIP
Danke!!:D i did know..well maybe i should try and change my mind but mental block, have to get rid of it heh

Mythreyee said...

first time i actually read the post (fully that too!!) before checkin the layout!!!!!!!!!!

Yogi said...

@mythreyee

finally!!heh im sure it was "readable" to you for a change!!:)

passer by said...

dude..mumbai indeed rocks when it comes to handling
banes/rains/reins..

and ya nice new layout..

coolsail said...

dude..being a mumbaiite.. I am under the consideration dat, though calamities are upheld with a show of spirit, I rather seem to have no choice but to continue with the good work.. by shelving into a corner, I damage the economy which already seems to doomed because of loss of such precious lives..
Ofcourse as a part of it myself I salute each one's spirit..and rather believe that someday action will come about..need some revolution going..

Jaihind!!

Anonymous said...

there will be more such incidents ,
even the delhi blasts were sad on diwali day .the sad part is will the terrorists be caught , unlikely , and more of
these activities of terrorism unmotivated .
just look at the frequency ,
it is occuring offen in some part of this world , and india is becoming an attractive destination .
theres no garentee on whose going to be alive and dead !.and thats why one should always live life today , like they won't be tommorrow , it gets shortlised to how one lives life in
the time available be it short or long .

Yogi said...

@sashi
yep mumbai is in its tough spot!

@coolsail
we all believe that someday something will happen, lets wait and see!

@anon
poetic, but sometimes things can be prevented, and you can atleast anticipate or be eager for a tomorrow rather than living in fear of it

Yogi said...

TO EVERYONE

Indian ISPs have blocked BLOG SITES in a view that they promote disharmonious activity!!sorry ppl, for instilling terrorist ideas into all you ppl!!HOW RIDICULOUS can ppl be!anyways, i found my backdoor as usual..but this will be my last post until it becomes accessible again..

The Stiltwalker said...

had to come check you out since you visited me! Love the graphics. I'll visit often....

SCRIBBLEZ TO WAKEUP said...

We respect the spirit and appreciate but dont want the spirit to be a dampner for government innefiency and also a mask for them to pronounce things normal. Gues su read all about these sentiments at my post...
Phew

BTW, u can trt this

http://pkblogs.com/ur-blogspot-address
So to view keshi's blog use this -> http://pkblogs.com/keshigirl

Saw it at Keshis blog adn u can bypass and use this route..:)

twip said...

um, yeah yogi..use pkblogs.com and everything should be fine.

:)

Why Am I said...

heyyy yogiiiii ur bakk...neways i guess you get tht "i am proud to be an Indian " feeling when people show resilience when something as horrific as tht happens...i know this has been said over and over again but it feels like the fact tht the people have stood united has gotten more attention than the act of terror itself.